Friday, October 26, 2018

Alaska  (Sawyer's Ferry, #1)Alaska by Cate Ashwood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Short, sweet, totally satisfying.

There was no angst, no miscommunication, no big fight. But there was enough to keep the plot line going and the interest at a high level.

Dr. Holden Prescott is a surgeon living in NY, working for his dad, living for his dad, trying to please his dad. When his dad, Philip Prescott, tasks him with flying to Sawyer's Ferry, Alaska to bring his old partner Dr. Gage Emerson back, he's not too thrilled. But when he realizes it's he will have nothing left if he doesn't bring Gage back, he's got to come up with a plan.

Gage hasn't been to NY in two years and is very content with his modest life in Alaska. So when a new face shows up in town, he's immediately on guard and for good reason. The son of his former partner is here and seemingly stalking him.

When the situation becomes a little more friendly, things get heated between them quickly. I loved that there was no insta-love in this story. Things took their time and both sides questioned the relationship enough to seem real.

The format was alternating POV, which is my favorite for the majority of books when it's done well. I like to get a feel for each MC's thoughts and it's always fun for me to read how the author has maintained two totally separate characters with differential goals and MO's.

This book was well written, funny, sweet, and hooked me from the start. I loved the town of Sawyer's Ferry and the supporting characters were all super charming. I can't wait to read the next book.

View all my reviews

Kneading You by C.S. Poe My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4.25 Stars This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believ...