Thursday, September 20, 2018

Wolf: A Sports Romance (The Nighthawk Series Book 2)Wolf: A Sports Romance by Lisa Lang Blakeney
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

This was hard for me to rate because it felt really disjointed. The first two thirds was so different than the last third.

When billionaire sports star Cooper finds out his assistant of 3 years wants to quit, he has to decide if he wants her in his life and to what end.

So the first part was witty and funny and fast paced. I was really enjoying the back and forth. The two POVs was good but because the chapters were not alternating POVs and they weren’t labeled it took some time to figure out who was narrating.

Once the ‘big reveal’ happened I felt like the main parts that made up Coop (being aloof, sarcastic, distracted) completely vanished and he turned into this super sweet, caring man with nothing to lose. And Owens turned into a young, innocent submissive.

The story was entertaining and fun and I liked the back story that played out through its entirety but it just wasn’t solid for me.

View all my reviews

Kneading You by C.S. Poe My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4.25 Stars This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believ...