Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The Journalist and the DancerThe Journalist and the Dancer by Liam Livings
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is about giving love a chance and accepting life and what comes.

Christopher moved to Ibiza to get away from a long term relationship and a fast paced life that was headed towards a heart attack. He's now a writer for an Ibiza travel magazine, mostly covering new clubs and nightlife. When he sees dancer Lucas at the club, he can't take his eyes off of him.

Lucas was in an abusive relationship in Spain and moved to Ibiza to be free and to start his dancing career. When he sees Christopher, he hopes that he'll contact him. After a couple of weeks go by, Lucas finally get the nerve to call Christopher.

I really got into the first half of the book. Both Christopher and Lucas had bad experiences in past with relationships and so they decide to take things very slow. That's fine and all, but somehow the way this was written there was no slow burn, which always adds something for me.

There was mention of Christopher having anxiety about a physical relationship and that thread returned a couple of times, but nothing was ever attributed to that, nor was it really ever discussed, which was weird to me.

I also thought the first half went at a good pace, but the second half was disjointed. It didn't flow at all. Months of time went by and nothing happened. Then an entire life changing event happened in the span of a couple of pages.

I would have enjoyed it more if there was some sort of conflict in the second half, or at least something to keep me interested.

View all my reviews

Kneading You by C.S. Poe My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4.25 Stars This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believ...