Thursday, September 27, 2018

Facing the Beat: Young Spades Book 2Facing the Beat: Young Spades Book 2 by Riley Long
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What's not to like? Liam is the guitarist in a band, who's straight and single. Jack, a photographer, is taken to a Young Spades show by his roommate and can't stop staring at and taking pictures of the guitarist. When he introduces himself and offers Liam a drink, Liam, of course says, 'I'm not gay.'

And who doesn't love a line like that?

But Jack knows he was checking him out. So, being the persistent bugger that he is, he gives Liam his number and makes Liam promise to text him. Let the romance ensue... There were a few bumps in the road, but the story progressed at a good pace and was fun and light.

Honestly, I loved both Liam and Jack. They were so sweet to each other and despite the whole 'I don't like guys' act, Jack was so careful with him. It was refreshing.

I loved Liam's friendship with Trick, his band mate. He was open and honest and gave him great insight and help and I laughed so many times at his expressions/answers to Liam's embarrassment/questions.

Jack's attitude of *I want everything, but I'll go at your pace, but hurry...* was so fun. His character cared so much and so deeply.

Honestly, this was a great first time gay relationship book. I just really enjoyed it all.



View all my reviews

Kneading You by C.S. Poe My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4.25 Stars This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believ...