Friday, January 25, 2019

The Beach House (San Capistrano #1)The Beach House by Angelique Jurd
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Honestly, I love this story but I couldn't do a full 5 stars because of the writing. It was third person, but somehow it just seemed so very detached at the first half. I am not sure if I just got into it more and didn't notice or if the writing just got better, but I fell in love with Ben and Alex's story.

Alex had awful parents. Like, THE WORST homophobic arses ever. And he bore the scars from growing up with them, sadly. But when he meets Ben at a U2 concert, he feels he's worth fighting for.

Ben was everything good. He was a high powered lawyer, but he was a softy who wore his heart on his sleeve. He gave and gave and gave and when he needed he asked. I loved that about him.

If the writing in the start had been better, I'd have given this 5 stars. Honestly, though, I'd still recommend this book as I absolutely loved their story and it had so many wonderful hurt/comfort feels, which is my bag.

View all my reviews

Kneading You by C.S. Poe My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4.25 Stars This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believ...