Sunday, January 27, 2019

Power PlayPower Play by Cara Dee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved this story.

Abel grew up with one constant in his life, Madigan. As his biological dad's best friend, Mads was there through his father's death, every birthday, his mother getting remarried, school events, etc. When Abel's mental illness reared it's ugly head, Mads was the one who calmed him.

Now, at 21, Abel realizes that his love for Mads had turned into more than a friendly, fatherly love. And when he confessed it by text a year ago, his relationship with Mads broke. They haven't spoken since, and Mads has missed a year of his life. So when Abel asks for help with his new lifestyle, Mads can either let him find someone else to mentor him, or finally give in to the feelings he's repressed this whole time.

I was sucked into their story from the Prologue. I loved how intense all of the family members were. There was just this tangible, pure respect, acknowledgement, love aura that surrounded them, which was a really rich part of the story. It was also very dark and real.

Each character was so vital to the story and their reactions and relationships with both Abel and Mads were so important. I just really loved the writing and how everything flowed and built. And the understanding that was between all of the characters.

Honestly, I have nothing but love for everything about this entire story. I'd absolutely recommend this read.

View all my reviews

Kneading You by C.S. Poe My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4.25 Stars This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believ...