Thursday, October 25, 2018

Trusted (Until You, #3)Trusted by Karrie Roman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

Trusted is the 3rd book in the series and I would suggest reading them all in order, but I don't think it is strictly necessary.

All three books have a very different feel, but this one was the most intense in my opinion.

Zach grew up the son of a cult leader and the oldest of his many children. In book two, he was found trying to escape and was aided by Ben and Ethan. Cameron, Ben's brother, agreed to take Zach in and look after him, since he had no idea what life looked like outside of the small camp he grew up in.

Despite the immense verbal and physical abuse Zach underwent growing up, he has a heart of gold and a good head on his shoulders. He spends his days learning everything he can about the outside world with Cam at his side. But there are so many things that Cam hasn't gotten around to teaching him yet and there are a few potholes along the way.

Cam spent 5 years in an abusive relationship and has promised himself that he won't ever let anyone get close again. He won't trust anyone and can't give his heart away again, but when Zach needs him he has to decide how long he wants to fight his feelings.

Both MC's are very reserved and somewhat shy, which made it difficult for me to really love them as much as I have loved the characters in the other books. They were both very vulnerable and needy, which worked for their relationship, but was somewhat hard to get excited about. I really just wanted one of them to crack some sort of joke and lighten the mood.

Karrie Roman has created this series of wonderful, deep characters that are very close and always there for each other and I'm excited to read the next book.

View all my reviews

Kneading You by C.S. Poe My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4.25 Stars This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believ...