Friday, October 19, 2018

The Bones Beneath My SkinThe Bones Beneath My Skin by T.J. Klune
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Every time I pick up a T.J. Klune book I know to expect greatness and this newest epic masterpiece did not disappoint. I mean, there's Star Wars. There's bacon. There's love. There's comets and mountains and cabins and trees and cults and stealthy military operations.

Artemis Darth Vader. She is of the Seventh Sea. She's a 10 year old girl that loves sunglasses and pigtails and bacon. And Alex. And Nate.

Alex is former USMC and he's trying to get Art back home. Nate has inherited his parents cabin in the middle of nowhere Oregon and finds Alex and Art holed up there, running from the world, basically.

It's a story of family ties and friendship and love and making your own life. It's just magical, as T.J. Klune always is. Stellar writing, lovely characters. Sublime.

View all my reviews

Kneading You by C.S. Poe My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4.25 Stars This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believ...