Monday, October 1, 2018

Love and Lint RollersLove and Lint Rollers by Kaje Harper
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book starts out great with promise. I enjoyed the beginning, with Thom meeting Dean at a pride parade when they find a cat in need of medical help. It just so happens Dean is a vet.

The two hit it off and when Thom decides to keep the cat, it's enough reason to give Dean his phone number and an excuse for Dean to use it.

Under the pretense of following up with the cat, they get together again and decide to give a relationship a go.

Dean is bi, but he's been married to a woman until they divorced a year ago. Thom is his first boyfriend, but Thom has some reservations about being Dean's first man. Dean has Chrone's Disease and is a side. No questions. Will that be enough for Dean?

As I said, this book started off with promise. I enjoyed the introduction of both Thom and Dean and thought they were well suited. Once I made it 1/3 of the way through I was getting bored. It seemed like each encounter was painfully documented, including each of Thom's 7 cats and the noises they made while being fed.

Obviously the author knew her stuff when it came to veterinary medicine, but it was a lot of unimportant information to go into in multiple scenes over the entire story. I mean, one guy is a vet and the other has 7 cats. We get that they like animals. I didn't need pages of history of 12 feedings a day and how many times a day the cat litters were changed. I think quite a bit could be removed and make the story flow better.

The main conflict seemed like a recurring theme for Thom and I did appreciate how it was addressed and resolved, but there were points in the story that I found their relationship to be lacking. The fact that they were pretty far gone and Thom doesn't let him know that something has happened to him? I found that odd.

Overall, it was an entertaining read, but I thought it may have read better if it was shortened a bit.

View all my reviews

Kneading You by C.S. Poe My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4.25 Stars This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believ...