Friday, September 28, 2018

Imperial Stout (Trouble Brewing, #1)Imperial Stout by Layla Reyne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I tried soooo hard to love this book. I really did. I was confused from the first line.

Right of the bat Cam and Nic are in the middle of a raid with characters that are both significant and not and too many glimpses of the past without explanation. The story is fast paced, but just gets more and more confusing. Some characters are known by their last names, which is fine, but then other characters call them by their first names, which is super confusing since there seem to be so many of them.

I also felt like I was somehow supposed to know their backgrounds and how they were all connected when there were only some random allusions to any of it.

I was also thinking there would be a slow burn between Cam and Nic, but mostly it was a match that kept going out, getting tossed and then reappearing 50 pages later fully lit, just to go out again.

I did enjoy the plot and the energy and communication between the MC's. There were definitely good things about this book, which is why it was a 3 star from me.

I'm keeping myself open to reading the next and hoping that it will enlighten me about things that are foggy.

View all my reviews

Kneading You by C.S. Poe My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4.25 Stars This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believ...