Friday, July 20, 2018

A Postmodern LoveA Postmodern Love by Nick Totem
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was given this ARC by Lucen Geist Literary Press, LLC via NetGalley.

I tried so hard to love this book. The writing worked. The story worked. I just couldn't bring myself to like the main characters. Thomas Wilde was just too much for me. He was a smart doctor, but he had no common sense. He deserved all that he got, in my opinion. I just couldn't feel any sense of pity for him. Lana was a work of art. She was the typical black widow-esque protagonist.

I really thought the story had some intrigue and there were definitely good parts, but overall I found it lacking and was difficult to get into.

View all my reviews

Kneading You by C.S. Poe My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4.25 Stars This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believ...