Friday, May 3, 2019

Sweating Lies - Criminal Delights: Taken (Lies #1)Sweating Lies - Criminal Delights: Taken by Emma Jaye
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holy hell can Emma Jaye write a dark, filthy, gritty story! I adored this.

Jiao Sweatt is undercover and taken. When he awakens to find he's imprisoned on a slave ship he does his best to get his bearings and figure out his move. But he quickly learns that there is a hierarchy at play and the one he thought was a toy ends up being more than he ever thought possible.

The story started out with a bang and unraveled consistently throughout each chapter. More and more information was brought to the surface and each time things became murkier. I loved the suspense and the anticipation that this writing style created. I was on the edge throughout the story and literally had no idea how it would end.

This was so well planned out and artfully executed. I was lost in the emotions and twists of the story until the very end. And what an end it was. Brilliant. I can't wait to read the next book!

View all my reviews

Kneading You by C.S. Poe My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4.25 Stars This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believ...