Wednesday, May 1, 2019

A Light in the Darkness (In Darkness, #2)A Light in the Darkness by Alice Winters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I totally humiliated myself over a couple of days at the gym while listening to this. I had to put the weights down I was laughing so hard.

Felix is his typical bratty, snarky, mean, fabulous self as he and Lane move to California to be closer to Lane's family. They move into a new home, become somewhat domesticated and find that life together is somehow never a walk in the park.

I loved this story, but felt like the scene towards the end with the psycho murderer putting them through a game was a bit long and weird for me. I really wanted to fast forward through it, but was afraid I'd miss something. Because of this section alone, I gave the book 4 stars.

I give the narration 5 stars because Joel Leslie was anything but boring. His whiny version of Felix did me in. Every time he said, "Laaaaaane!" I died. It was just the perfect amount of masculine, deep and throaty for Lane and jovial and petulant for Felix. He was a master at playing out this story.

View all my reviews

Kneading You by C.S. Poe My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4.25 Stars This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believ...