Friday, August 31, 2018




The is the second book in the Rainbow Place series by Jay Northcote. I gotta say, I loved the first one better, but this was a great book on it's own too. Cam is a 23 yr old rugby playing nice guy with a good job and a great group of friends. When he helps clean up the vandalism at Rainbow Place he meets Alex, a 17 yr old who's in the closet because his father is a homophobic arse. Because of the complications of getting involved, Cam decides over and over again that he is better served as Alex's friend than anything further. As Alex comes to terms with this decision, his life turns on its axis and he's hoping that Cam will be there for him.

I think the one key aspect that was missing in this for me was the depth of the characters. I felt like Alex was unwilling to change at first, but then when his life was upended, he expected everyone else to change. And Cam... he was a great friend, but I kept looking at how much of the book I had to go when I was close to being finished and he was still trying to just be friends with Alex.

Again, I gave this 4 stars because I was totally wrapped up in it and wanted to find out what happened and overall really enjoyed this one.

Kneading You by C.S. Poe My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4.25 Stars This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believ...