Friday, August 24, 2018

PaybackPayback by Alec Nortan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Thank you to NineStar Press, LLC and NetGalley for allowing me to read this work. My review and opinions are entirely my own.

After teenager Cherry is missing the morning after a party, her brother Josh discovers a ransom note in the mailbox. $2M to get her back. When the first payoff attempt goes bad, a second attempt is set up with the FBI involved. In the background, it's discovered that the family is very well off, but has cut off Josh from all funds. The relationship between his parents is strained, as well as everyone else in his life.

I was unsure of this one. I loved the mystery, but found that what I suspected from the start was truly what happened. I did find the relationships between all of the characters very interesting. And I loved the parallel between Agent Phisburry and her son and Josh and his parents.

Overall, it was an entertaining, quick and fun read.

View all my reviews

Kneading You by C.S. Poe My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4.25 Stars This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believ...