Tuesday, July 10, 2018

The Benefits of Being an OctopusThe Benefits of Being an Octopus by Ann Braden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this book as an ARC from Skyhorse Publishing via NetGalley. THANK YOU!

This young adult book was exactly what I hoped it would be. Wonderful writing clearly defines the life of seventh grader Zoey who lives in a trailer park with her mom's boyfriend and his father and her younger brother and sister. It becomes obvious quickly that if she wants to make their lives better, she will have to be the catalyst. Not only does she take on this role, but she turns those around her into supporting cast and clearly makes a long lasting impact.

The writing was great, there were no slow sequences and everything flowed well. I read this book from start to finish in one sitting and really enjoyed it.

View all my reviews

Kneading You by C.S. Poe My rating: 4 of 5 stars 4.25 Stars This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believ...